Best Wireless Routers 2019 – Long Range – Reviewed
This is Absolutely true but maybe you also agree with me…!!!
The Internet has become a necessity of life and it is impossible to go by without it.
Whether the use is personal or professional, regardless of the need having seamless and uninterrupted access to the internet is crucial.
The best way to access the internet easily around-the-clock without any disturbances is to bring in the best Wireless routers into your home.
When it comes to choosing the best set of wifi router for your home, it is important to remember there are many technicalities you will have to look out for.
For most of the people, buying the best wifi router is almost the same as investing in buying a refrigerator for your home. There is a reason why we say so.When you set out to purchase a refrigerator or any other electronic appliance, there are a few things you need to tick off the list.
You want to make sure that the device performs its function supremely or maybe just a little more than that. Secondly, you want it to look picture perfect or at least reasonable enough.
And most important of all is the price range. You expect the product you are going to buy to be a lot of things but you don’t want to pay much for it.
In addition to all this, let’s not forget that you actually expect it to be perfectly fine on its own without having to care for it or maintain it. The same is the case with wifi routers.
You want great speed, great functionality, easy use and reasonable prices (Technology-Based). But do you want to worry about it? Not really!
Best Wireless Routers for 2019
It is now time to jump into the wifi router reviews. The following is a comprehensive review of the top rated wireless routers that will be trending in 2019.
Not Every Router, Anyone can afford Because some of them do have robust prices-tag.But Some Routers are still managed to get into 10 best WiFi Routers 2019 list.
As well as I want to make sure all these routers are good enough to grab the position in Top 10 List.
|Router Name||Weight||Ports||Wireless Comm||Item Dimen||Best Prices|
|ASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band||3.21 lbs||8||802.11 a/b/g/n||6.5 x 24.5 x 24.5 in||See Price|
|Google Wi-Fi Router System||0.74 lbs||3||802.11 a/b/g/n||4.2 x 4.2 x 2.7 in||See Price|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Router||3.5 lbs||9||802.11 a/b/g/n||10.x13.7 x3.1 in||See Price|
|ASUS RT-AC 88U Dual Band||1.18 lbs||9||802.11 a/b/g/n||30x 6.5 x 18.8 in||See Price|
|NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Router||3.21 lbs||7||802.11 a/b/g/n||6.5x24.5x24.5 in||See Price|
|Net Gear Nighthawk |
AC5300 X-8 Tri-Band
|7.45 lbs||7||802.11 a/b/g/n||11.6x13.8x4.57 in||See Price|
|Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router||0.95 lbs||5||802.11 a/b/g/n||3.9x3.9 x 6.6 in||See Price|
|LinkSYS AC1900 Dual-core|
|1.77 lbs||7||802.11 a/b/g/n||7.7x 9.7x2.01 in||See Price|
|TP-Link Archer C7|
|1.9 lbs||4||802.11 A/C||9.6 x 6.4 x 1.3 in||See Price|
|D-Link Wireless AC1900|
|1.41 lbs||4||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|9.8 x 7.5 x 1.5 in||See Price|
1. ASUS RT AC5300 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Network security protector Wi-Fi router
Are you looking for a wireless wifi router that will surely do wonders for you? Are you expecting nothing less than the best? Well, the ASUS RT AC5300 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Network security protector Wi-Fi router is the perfect choice for smart users.
This router is going to offer a perfect video streaming and online gaming solution to all users.
If you want to enjoy your free hours without worrying about the internet speed, this best home wifi router will make sure it does that for you.
The device comes with a 3 easy step web installation manual for smooth and worry-free use. Moreover, the settings of the router can also be modified according to personal preference of the user.
Comes with accessories i.e. adapter, cable, memory card, user guide CD
Powerful high speed 1.5 GHz hardcore processor
Built-in 500+ internal memory
4T4-R Antenna design
Ai-Radar for auto-devices detection
Simultaneous multiple connectivities
Tri-Band smart connectivity
Strong signal strength and Warranty 1 year+
Modern design and Easy User interface
Mu-MIMO for all devices compatibility
Simultaneous multiple connectivities
3-step web installation for smooth use
ASUS router app settings for wider range access
AI-protection for Wi-Fi usage control
Manual modifications in the settings are permissible. The router comes with an internal inbuilt 500+ GB memory support. In addition to this, if you require additional memory the router also has dual memory slots.
- Tri-band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2. 4 GHz) with the latest 802. 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 sq. Ft. )
- Mu-memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client's respective maximum speed. Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built-in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route-optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server - Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2. 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual . . WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
This also acts as a parental control lock for children to monitor their access to the internet. This router comes with an impressively fast and swift high speed.
MU-MIMO is enabled in the ASUS RT AC5300 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Network security protector Wi-Fi router so that all devices that are attached can ensure smooth data usage without any hurdles. Moreover, the router comes with air protection which eliminates the worry of your data being used in a foul way. You can monitor and access and control the amount of data a particular connected device is allowed to consume.
In addition to the long list of great features, there are a few drawbacks that come with it.
The first is the low battery life of the router which means you have to charge it often and this can be a little frustrating. Secondly, contrary to the fact that the router is a widespread internet network, the uploading speed is definitely slower in comparison to the downloading speed.
Another let down is the price which is actually skyrocketing! It is actually very disappointing because the overall features of this router definitely do make it a worthy choice to take home but the expensive price can be a little hurdle in the way.
However, the truth is that if you can afford it you must invest in buying this product. It is definitely worth the price it asks for.
ASUS RT AC5300 Wireless
- Extended wireless coverage
- 5 GHz high speed
- User ability to control bandwidth
- Control over guest networks data usage
- Affordably priced
- Average looking router
- Restricted wire connectivity
2. Google Wi-Fi Router System for complete home coverage
Google is a name that is known to everybody who has something to do with tech! Alphabet Inc. owns Google and Google is not only a search engine that facilitates users but is a giant company that has been making life easier for people with some amazing software, tools, and programs.
Google has now also ventured into designing its own technology based products for easy use.
The Google wifi router system for complete home coverage is the latest product that the company has designed and launched to facilitate users who use the internet.
The whole point is to provide uninterrupted, seamless high-speed internet to the users.
Easy-to-use interactive user interface
User customization options
Manual wifi control over connected devices
Expandable 2×2 mesh Wi-Fi
WAN and LAN primary connectivity ports
Dual Band Wi-Fi processing speed; 2.4 GHz and 5.5 GHz respectively
Modern and contemporary design
The Google router has been getting thumbs up from the critics and is definitely a great option if you want to invest in a good and reliable internet router in 2019! The first thing you notice about this router is its high speed.
The router comes with a dual band multifunctional processor with 2.4 and 5.5 GHz speed respectively. Moreover, Google staying true to its purpose to serve people only has designed the router with an extremely interactive user interface.
- A new type of connected system for seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It's compatible with major internet service providers including Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios
- A single Wifi point covers up to 1,500 sq. ft, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 sq. ft. Wifi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what's connected, prioritize devices, and pause the Wi-Fi on kids' devices.Family controls allow you to pause the WiFi on kids' devices, like during
As the fastest wireless router, it also has user customised options that allow the user to change or modify any settings as per personal need or requirement.
The internet is widespread and comes with an expandable 2×2 mesh Wifi system. However, this does not put the security of your connection at risk because you get the chance to complete control and restrict the usage of all connected devices. This means that the home connection gets to monitor, control and restrict all other devices connected. It is also the best wireless router for gaming.
It is not wrong to say that if you are looking for an internet router that is the perfect combination of design and performance with some amazing features to make it stand out amongst its competitors as well – this Google router is definitely a good investment.
There are too many good things about this product that heavily overshadow all the bad things. However, if we talk about one flaw that is hard to look by is the price which is actually ALOT considering it is merely an internet router.
But when you look at what it offers and all the other highlight features, the price you pay for it is definitely worth it all. It is easy to set up and will allow you to enjoy high-speed internet right at home!
Google Wi-Fi Router
- Easy manual setup
- Modern looking router set
- User-friendly interface
- Good processing speed
- Usage comes with restriction
- Mandatory Google online account requirement
- External modem support required
- Not compatible with all devices
- Only 2 external cable ports limits usage
Due to immense addition of Wi-Fi in tech devices (laptop, mobiles, multimedia, automobiles and others), the quest for router that can accept and handles multiple incoming and outgoing connections simultaneously at a time without sacrificing internet speed is achieved in this latest awesome designed and powerful quad stream Wi-Fi router called “NETGEAR X10 AD7200”. Yes, this is a beast among Wi-Fi routers. An iconic and beautiful design along with smart and latest features, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is a combined technology of AC+AD, the Nighthawk X10 can provide a combined wireless speed up to 7.2Gbps.
“Nighthawk X10-AD7200” External Design
Just like its name represent that Lockheed martin nighthawk plane; the Nighthawk X10 has aggressive styling with an angular look and sharp corners. The top surface of the new quad-stream router is actually meshed. You will be able to look right inside and see the cooling fan and the motherboard inside. It’s almost 22.4cm wide but you can mount it to wall.
On the backside of X10 router are 7 Gigabit Ethernet ports available to connect nearby devices like smart TVs, multimedia player, gaming consoles and set-top-boxes. There are two 3.0 USB ports present for connection to external devices.
AC & AD Technology
AC means that the router is 802.11ac supported. 802.11ac offers very fast and reliable Wi-Fi network connections on frequency of 5GHz. While AD technology was invented for having smooth and lag-free streaming of videos and much faster file sharing. 802.11ad is the latest Wi-Fi standard which is three times faster than the 802.11ac at up to 4.6Gbps. The typical 802.11ac gives max of 1.3Gbps.
Netgear x10 AD7200 Specs & Features
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is a powerful WiFi Router (R9000) with 802.11ad technology. X10 is designed for large homes and multiple connections at a time. Despite it is a bit costly but this device is one future proof device to buy and get rid of slow, and week Wi-Fi. The fact that it’s a MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output), now you can watch video in 4k, steam a video or play online High definition multiplayer game with minimum ping rate. There are three most prominent features that I would like you to get know about before you buy this.
- MU-MIMO (Multiple User- Multiple inputs and multiple outputs).
- Circuitry designed for 60GHz11ad networking.
- 160MHz Wi-Fi technology.
In fact, it’s the only one I’ve reviewed so far to have all 3 but, it’s not the end. The Netgear X10 has 10G SPF+ LAN port that are mostly seen on enterprises level routers.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices).
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 45 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices. System Requirements-Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
The Nighthawk X10 gets its power from 1.7Ghz quad-core processor embedded in its motherboard and its gives enormous speed from its 802.11ac and 802.11ad wireless radios. So, you will be all able to play online games or streaming a 4K video without any lag.
What makes X10 AD7200 a best router is its 4 patent pending highly active antennas that amplify the signal strength making it cover every simple corner of your home, even its big enough.
Throughput test of Nighthawk X10 AD7200
We tested this device to get know how upon pros & cons of X10 AD7200. Its MU-MIMO performance was middling in testing, it seems to be the fastest 5GHz range performance scores I’ve seen to date, and comes almost up to the 1Gbps mark in my 60GHz 802.11ad throughput tests.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 WiFi Router
- Speed Up to 7.1Gbps.
- Connection up to 20+ devices.
- 1.7GHz quad-core processor.
- PLEX media server that syncs with your Amazon Drive Cloud.
- 4 high performance antennas.
- Lag-free Streaming.
- Smooth online multiplayer gaming
- Admin access with Genie & mobile app.
- The Netgear Genie is still with its old classic theme.
- The device may gets hot and expels certain amount of heat sometime.
4. ASUS Dual Band RT AC 88U wireless gigabit multifunctional router with air protection
Today the one thing that everyone needs to have in their life is technology.
Therefore, the one thing that nobody is ready to compromise on is, in fact, nothing but technology.
So if you look for a technological craft that is beyond what you can dream of, then you surely have to get your hands on the ASUS Dual Band RT AC 88U wireless gigabit multifunctional router with air protection. The MU-MIMO is enabled in the router.
This allows the home network to control and restrict the amount of data that is being used by all other connected devices.
This is one of the best features that are almost mandatory for every other router to have. ASUS is definitely a worthy name in the tech world.
The MU-MIMO also encourages multiple device connectivities and makes sure that the device is compatible and works well with a maximum number of devices. We should not neglect to specify how astonishing this switch looks.
- 1024-Qam technology - 80% faster 5 GHz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66% faster 2. 4 GHz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33% greater 2. 4 GHz coverage with a 4-transmit, 4-receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest-ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet-compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GHz dual-core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN-LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect- automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP)
Dual band router
802.11 4×4 high-speed output
Air protection enabled
Wide range coverage with 3167 Mbps speed the internet
Built in speed accelerator
Multiple functional 3.0 USB ports
Modern looking modem
High-speed double transfer
MU-MIMO-enabled for device compatibility
Easy access with graphical user-friendly interface
AiCloud 2.0 for maximum data storage, sync, and transfer
It is named as one of the most attractive combines of switches in the innovation world
Nowadays since it has been intended to look great! With this being stated, how about we recollect that this switch is the ideal blend of good looks and superlative execution.
ASUS Dual Band RT AC 88U Wireless Router
- Multiple user options
- Simultaneous functioning user ports
- High speed connectivity
- Fluctuating signal strength on wide range
- File transfers may interrupt on far distance
Netgear AC1200 Model R6230 is a latest tech Wi-Fi router with up to 300+900Mbps downloading speed and simultaneous dual band 11ac Wi-Fi technology. R6230 avoids wireless interference to ensure top Wi-Fi speed and reliable secured connections for its connected devices. If you are on quest to find a device that has long and strong range along with fast connectivity then Netgear AC1200 model R6230 is best device for you.
The Netgear AC1200 R6230 is a powerful dual band smart and handy WiFi Router that can be used for home & medium size organization. It provides an uninterrupted Gigabit Ethernet to let its users enjoy the real means of internet speed over complex applications like “Online multiplayer gaming”, “Lag free HD video streaming” or “downloading big data files”. This device has powerful external antennas that provide a strong coverage even in bigger homes too.
Security and privacy is another main concerned feature that every user seeks for in order to keep his family safe in online world. This R6230 maintains high security across your network to keep its users safe while surfing online. If you want to limit access of your kids, guests, or you want prevention from phishing, NETGEAR has you all covered!
The 880MHz processor in Netgear AC1200 delivers high-performance connectivity. This means a stable high quality connection is delivered by its powerful antennas to each one of connected devices to it (iphone, ipad or laptop). On backside of this device is the USB 2.0 port that provides wireless access and sharing of data in USB drives.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1200 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps).
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 20 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with an 880MHz processor, 2 amplified antennas, and advanced QoS.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive or printer with any network connected device using the 1 x 2.0 USB port.
Features of NETGEAR AC1200:
- FAST WIFI: Powerful Wi-Fi can reach up to 1.2 Gbps (300+900Mbs) for optimized WiFi speeds.
- STRONG RANGE: AC1200 come with antennas that provides long range and secure high quality connection throughout your home for multiple deceives connected to it.
- BEAMFORMING+ : high speed and fast connectivity to your devices.
- Wi-Fi Band: Netgear AC1200 gives Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi. Tx/Rx 2X2 (2.4GHz) + 2X2(5GHz)
- MANAGE YOUR NETWORK: It gives access to manage web filtering and accessibility by profiles or devices
- DYNAMIC QoS: It has strong feature to prioritize bandwidth for the best gaming and 4K streaming experience
- NIGHTHAWK APP: Quick and easy router setup. Manage internet access from your smartphone.
- System requirement: Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux
NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
- Nighthawk App let’s admin to control Router directly from mobile.
- Control & monitor bandwidth & data usage on your device.
- 802.11ac Dual Band WiFi technology
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports along with auto-sensing technology
- USB Port is located on backside of this device
- Technical support from mobile phone for only initial 90 days.
6. Net Gear Nighthawk AC5300 X-8 Tri-Band wifi router
If you want to experience seamless, outrageous and too good to be true internet connection strength, you need to get your hands on the Net Gear Nighthawk AC5300 X-8 Tri-Band wifi router.
This is the future of internet speed and the next wave in a crazy ocean of internet you need to experience for sure! The quad streaming router allows connectivity to up to 4 ports in a single go.
- Get fastest speeds available up to 5.3Gbps. Up to 1,000 Mbps @ 2.4GHz 1024 QAM. Up to 2,166 Mbps @ 5 GHz 11ac 1024 QAM
- Tri-band WiFi/Quad Stream/MU-MIMO delivers more WiFi to your devices. Smart Connect intelligently selects the fast WiFi band for every device.
- 4 active antennas and 4 internal antennas to amplify and maximize range. 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports-aggregate two for faster file transfers
- Dynamic QoS prioritizes bandwidth by application and device
- Easy Setup - The NETGEAR Up app makes setting up and managing your network a breeze
Tri-band wifi for extended usage
Fast 5.3 GHz speed internet
Quad streaming for connectivity up to 4 ports
Dynamic QoS for seamless video streaming and gaming experience
Attractive and unique looking
6-gigabit dual ports
Maximum device compatibility
Inbuilt speed amplifier
Automated regulating antennas
The router also comes with an inbuilt dynamic QoS feature that facilitates video streaming and superlative gaming experience! Talk about the good things in life!
TomsGuide is also in love with this router He said: “The Nighthawk X8 is a power router that delivers data regardless of whether it’s for a gaming party, watching the latest episode of Bob’s Burgers or both.”
Let’s not forget to mention how amazing this router looks. It is termed as one of the best looking pair of routers in the technology world these days because it has been designed to look good! With this being said, let’s remember that this router is the perfect combination of good looks and superlative performance. So, you are definitely paying for something worthy.
Another highlight feature of this superlative and supreme router is the inbuilt speed amplifier which does not allow the signal strength to deteriorate.
The router is also equipped with 4 antennas that automatically regulate the signals and offer on-point automatic speed amplification.
Net Gear Nighthawk AC5300 Router
- Dual integration functional internet ports
- OPEN VPN support for easy access
- Modern design
- Easy to set-up
- Strong connectivity
- A bit expensive
- MU-MIMO not enabled
Netgear’s Nighthawk X4S is a high-end router adapting design & functionality from its predecessors (Nighthawk X4) but with improved & updated features. The Nighthawk X4S is a next-gen device available in two versions. The model R7800 is router only while the D7800 includes a modem in it. So now you can save money & get rid of kit that your local ISP delivers. But D7800 will work only on fiber optics. This powerful device offers AC2600 WiFi, i.e. one of the quickest routers available.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X4S
If you are in a home/office that has a wide range of devices connected to it and you often see your connection getting disconnected, or your downloading speed gets low then this is time where you can replace your old router with a latest high performance device called Nighthawk R7800. The Netgear model R7800 has 802.11ac technology with support for MU-MIMO (Multi User- multiple input & multiple output) data streaming. This means that it can simultaneously send and receive bulk data to multiple devices connected at the same time without sacrificing bandwidths. However, the condition is that each client must contain a MU-MIMO-compatible network adapter in order to take advantage of this technology.
Shape & Design Of X4S
The Netgear Nighthawk X4S looks almost same like its previous model Nighthawk X4. Inspired from design and sharp lines of the Lockheed Martin F-117 Nighthawk stealth jet, the R7800 is a router worth to display inside your home. If you are tech savey and like to have design as well as modern features, then you are on right place. This device is amazing in both external shape as well as internal specs. Its front side has 10 LEDs that blink brightly while operating. Netgear also gives you access to turn off these lights by simply pressing switch button on back of this router. The R7800 supports 4×4 data streaming, it means that it can deliver parallel 4 data streams to each band. Hence, maximizing throughputs speed i.e. 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, and 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band, a total speed upto 2.53Gbps.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps).
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 45 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB and 1 x eSATA ports.
Features of NIGHTHAWK X4S:
1WAN and 4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports.
2 Usb3.0 ports & 1 eSATA port for local storage cloud.
AC2600 (800 Mbps @2.4GHz—256 QAM support +1733 Mbps @5GHz 11ac)
Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi – Tx/Rx 4×4 (2.4GHz)+ 4×4 (5GHz)
4×4 11ac 80MHz + 2×2-160/80+80MHz
15 more channels (DFS) in 5GHz for interference free operation.
Netgear (R7800-100NAS) Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
- Good port selection
- Lots of management settings
- Solid 5GHz and Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO)
- Can plug into multiple HDDs
- Good 5GHz range
- On the 2.4GHz band, you may experience disconnections at the far reaches of the range.
- Sometimes automatic reconnect does not work and reconnect manually or rebooting is necessary.
- Software interface is still old & sluggish.
- Its model D7800 needs fiber broadband.
8. Linksys AC1900 Dual core wireless router
Last but not the least, the Linksys AC1900 dual core wireless router is definitely another worthy choice. The first thing that attracts the router is its modern design.
But there is a lot beyond the modern design; here we talk about the superlative functionality.
1.6 GHz dual core processor
512 MB storage RAM
Additional capacity for storage memory
USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connectivity ports
4×4 antennas for wide range coverage
The router comes equipped with a 1.6 Ghz processor.
The router comes equipped with a 1.6 Ghz processor. Another highlight of this superlative and preeminent router is the inbuilt speed speaker which does not permit the flagging quality to disintegrate.
Users are facilitated with superlative access and control over the router with the help of extremely user-friendly and high graphical user interface. This actually makes the router somewhat similar to a mobile phone and makes the screen interactive to a great extent.
- Wireless-AC, up to 4.3x faster than N technology: Simultaneous dual-band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media - intensive applications
- 4 high-performance antennas: Engineered to enhance dual-band communication, four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi-Fi signal strength in multilevel homes and small offices
- Dual Core 1.6 GHz CPU: Powerful CPU promotes simultaneous high-speed data processing allowing multiple users to simultaneously game online, stream movies, and transfer files without lagging
- Share content via an external storage device with ultra-fast data transfer speeds. USB 3.0 delivers enhanced performance over USB 2.0; eSATA delivers optimal data transfer speeds from external SATA drives and accommodates USB 2.0
- Users can prioritize devices or websites, gain parental control over content, monitor network activity, turn Wi-Fi access on or off and create select password - protected guest networks. Network Map offers a visual map of the home network
This is the fate of web speed and the following wave in an insane sea of the web you have to involvement without a doubt! The quad spilling switch permits availability to up to 4 ports in a solitary go. It is not wrong to say that if you are looking for an internet router that is the perfect combination of design and performance with some amazing features
Linksys AC1900 Dual Core Wireless Router
- Fast internet speed
- Widespread range
- Easy manual set up
- Heats up
- Start to smell a bit if overheated
9. Archer C-7 wireless Gigabit router by TP-Link
TP-Link is a very reliable and trustworthy name as far as internet modems and routers are concerned. This company has been around for a long time and producing some amazing looking and supreme functioning routers for a long time now.
The archer C7-V2 is the latest product launched by the company in the global markets. You will see this handy internet router trending in the global markets in 2019. Complete with multiple antennas and a high speed 2.5 GHz dual core processor, this C7 router is the latest modification of all previous TP links products.
High speed dual 2.5 GHz processor
Multiple Wi-Fi connectivity ports
5 GHz bands for high-speed processing
Dual USB ports
Interactive router user interface
Around the clock customer support
It has everything and more one asks for. This is why it is currently trending as the best wifi router for long range for this year. When we talk about products by TP-Link, there are a few things we like to tick off the list. We want it to
- Is supremely great in looks
- Function amazingly
- Have superlative performance
- Provides great value return for your investment
The Archer C-7 wireless gigabit internet best modem router is exactly what you hope it to be. It is the modern modification of all the previous features that were common for TP-Link products. In addition to this, it supports an array of new and latest technologically crafted features. You can see drastic improvements as far as the hardware, body, memory and speed are concerned.
No products found.
The overall capacity of the modem has also increased from 8 to 16 MB.
The router itself is dual-core wireless gigabit with dual USB ports and multiple internet connectivity ports for easy connections.
Moreover, the product comes with a warranty which means you don’t have to worry about making an expensive investment because you can be assured of easy returns or exchange as per need.
In addition to all this, the one amazing addition to this router is a user-friendly built-in interface. It is almost like using a touch-screen mobile phone. With engaging graphics, you can easily control and customize the settings whenever you want to!
Archer C-7 Wireless Gigabit Router
- Affordably priced
- Extended wireless coverage
- 5 GHz high speed
- User ability to control bandwidth and up-width
- Control over guest networks data usage
- Average looking router
- Restricted wire connectivity
10. Wireless D-Link AC1900 Dual Band DIR-880L Wi-Fi router
The wireless D-Link AC1900 Dual Band DIR-880L Wi-Fi router was launched almost about 7 months ago but its superlative features and unique specifications make this router rank amongst the best in the year 2019 as well.
If you have been searching for an internet router that is worth every last penny you pay for it; this is the perfect pick. Interestingly, you do not have to worry about the price because the D-Link company is practically one of the most reasonable and affordable company.
They are the makers of products that are equipped with technology but do not charge beyond the ordinary consumer each.
AC1900 mega functional internet speed
Advanced beamforming function for uninterrupted usage
Manual control via router remote
Smart automated distribution of bandwidth
Power inbuilt speed amplifiers
3 antennas for wide range connectivity
This is the successive good wireless router for the AC1900 router in the global markets
But with its new set of modified features, this dual band router is definitely winning by a huge margin! On top of it all, this router looks great.
So you do not really have to worry about the looks as far this Wireless D-Link AC1900 Dual Band DIR-880L Wi-Fi router is concerned. It is moderately priced and comes in a complete package of looks and functionality. This router is definitely hitting the benchmark with perfect internet speed, functionality, price range, network range and of course great looks as well.
- Advanced AC1900 Wi-Fi Dual-Band (600N+1300AC Mbps Speed) performance
- Lag free streaming using fast and reliable wireless, ethernet and USB performance
- Advanced wireless AC beamforming dramatically enhances wireless signal strength and throughput
- Gigabit WAN and LAN ports for high-speed wired connections
- Two USB ports to connect storage drives and printers for sharing
This router is definitely giving its all other competitors in the market this year a run for its money! It is definitely a top notch product and is also a top choice for users because it is affordable and does complete justice as far as functionality is concerned.
Wireless D-Link AC1900 Router
- High memory for easy usage
- Large storage
- Manual control
- Inbuilt amplifiers for automatic speed adjustments
- Long distance speed fails to hit the mark
- Large in size and heavyweight
- Requires external software support for device compatibility
- Lacks essential advanced features
- No simultaneous multiple USB support
So in this review, we take you on a little journey on how to choose the best wifi router that is worth buying. We will also talk about the best wifi routers that will be trending in the markets this year! So read on to find out the perfect router that suits your needs perfectly and is ranking on top charts because of some amazingly superlative features.
Know your router well!
The one thing that you should be 100% assured of before you purchase the best wireless routers is that you are completely familiar with every last detail that it has to offer.
The following is a quick buyer’s guide in which we talk about the things that are mandatory to look out for if you want to invest in a worthy best wifi router this year! A wise investment can actually make your router last for quite a long time.
Basic tiers for wireless routers
When you set out to buy the best wireless router for home, you will find out that there are tiers that you will need to choose from. There are three basic categorizations of tiers for wireless routers.
Basic tier routers
Premium tier routers
High-performance tier routers
What are tiers?
When you select a router to buy, you will find out that there are model numbers that define each router. This model number is, in fact, an indication towards many factors.
Firstly, the model number reflects the capacity that the router holds to connect with devices. The number of tier defines the number of devices that can be connected to the router.
Secondly, there are several other things that this numerical tier reflects for instance online streaming, downloading and uploading etc.
Basic Tier Routers
The basic tier routers are the ones that range between N300 to N600. If you find any number from this written on the router you buy along with the product name, you should know what this means.
It would mean that the router is capable of connecting up to 6 devices in one go.
You will also be able to download and upload limited files, surf the internet and engage in basic online communication i.e. via emails as well.
Premium Tier Routers
The premium tier routers are the ones that fall between N750 to AC1200. These routers are the ones that can connect up to 8 to 10 wifi devices simultaneously.
In addition to this, you get the chance to upload, download files, share files with other users, enjoy browsing, engage in advanced communication and also enjoy online video streaming. However, the quality of the video will not be HD.
High-Performance Tier Routers
These are the most advanced and latest wifi routers. The high-performance tier routers are anything AC1600 or above. These routers work amazingly with more than 10 wifi devices in one go.
Moreover, it gives you the chance to enjoy everything that other routers offer but only multiplied times better. You also get to enjoy online video streaming and gaming in HD without the hassle of the buffer.
Features you should consider!
The most important thing for people who are buying anything in this world for the first time or after a failed experience is to have some insight into what they need to purchase.
Of course, it is imperative to know what the highlight features are that make a wireless router worthy to purchase.
Since, the internet routers, modems, and similar things have everything to do with technology, it is important to realize the importance of having a little information that helps you make a wise decision.
Here are some of the basic features that are mandatory to be present in every router. While it is pretty obvious that as many features a wireless router has, it will be as brilliant in its functionality – there are a few features that form the basis.
Hence, if you want a good quality router in a reasonable price range, you should know what features you want it to have.
The first thing that is a must for every wireless router to have is the USB ports. Now it strongly depends on the type of router you purchase and the amount you pay for it that defines how many USB ports the router can have.
However, it is important to remember that a USB port is essential for a wireless router because it allows connecting the router to devices for internet connectivity or other purposes.
The USB ports can vary in number on a given device – a router can have anything from 1 to multiple i.e. up to 10 USB ports. It also depends on the size of the router.
Another important feature that is little known to people is beam forming. This feature is actually the make or break of any wifi device that you might have because it is the one that gives you the chance to use the internet seamlessly and without any interruptions in any part your home.
Previously there were internet routers that would only allow usage in one particular part of the house and the signals started to weaken if you moved around. This indicates the absence of beamforming feature.
You would not want this feature to be absent from your router because this restricts the usage of the internet over distances. Beam forming is basically a modern technology that allows the user to enjoy good speed internet regardless of the distance.
You will not have to worry about weak signals if the distance increases or decreases. Hence, it is crucial that your router has a beam forming feature inbuilt.
This is yet another important feature. MU-MIMO stands for multiple inputs and multiple outputs for multiuser. This is also the latest technology that allows the user to control the amount of data being used.
An internet router allows multiple devices to be connected to it for simultaneous usage. However, this means that the connected devices could be using a lot more data than they should be or are entitled to without the knowledge of the home network.
The MU-MIMO features enable all connected devices to enjoy a seamless internet usage experience online but also give the home network the authority to monitor and restrict the internet usage of other secondary connected devices.
Remote control access
This is another very helpful feature that facilitates the users and depicts that the router is actually modern and modified according to the latest technology.
This allows the user to control and access the router via a remote control. This is easy and convenient for the users of course.
Moreover, with the assistance of the remote access, you can monitor the online connected network and also create passwords to protect the network from strangers or public usage.
Looking for routers for online gaming?
Buying routers for the purpose of online gaming is a different story. A huge population of the online users is the gamers.
Hence, it is pretty obvious that if people are looking for routers to install in their homes, they must be looking for routers that support online gaming as well.
While the above-mentioned features are the basics of every router, it is important to remember that gaming routers can be slightly different.
You need to know what the other features are that you should be looking out for when choosing best router for gaming
This is actually one of the most important features that make any internet router a tad bit worthier. There is a big reason why router configuration for online gaming should be preferred on online video streaming.
Gaming requires more signal strength and therefore, a router device that has powerful signals for online gaming will also make it a worthy option for online internet usage.
Best Gaming routers need to have a wide range because they mostly need to function on a wide scale. Therefore, wireless router range is one of the core things to look out for in a router as well.
The strength of the signals is also a very important feature that needs to be taken into consideration. Good strength is the only thing that defines a good or bad router.
The router you choose should have a good strength. In case it lacks strength, you need to make sure that the router has an inbuilt amplifier.
Modern and modified routers have amplifiers that automatically regulate and boost the signal strength as per need without the requirement of manual assistance.
Price is an important factor as far as internet routers as concerned. You do not want the router to be too overly priced or too expensive.
However, people mostly want routers to have features like no other but this does not mean you should be paying an arm and leg for it. Make sure that you pay least for maximum features and performance.
Companies like D-link offer great functional routers at a very affordable price range.
Last update on 2019-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API