Best Video Cameras 2020 – Reviews and Buyer Guide
We all work hard to live a happy and fulfilling life. It becomes even more worth it to live the life of your dreams if you get the chance to record all your memories and precious moments. Re-living these special moments through videos and pictures later on in life with other people is an absolute treat. The best product that can help with this purpose is a supreme and high-end Camera.
More and more people are also turning towards professional photography as a profession and hence, they now do it for a living. Owing to the popular demand of cameras in 2020, we are reviewing the top 10 Best Video Cameras in this article. Read on to find out all relevant information to highly functional camcorders that will make it easier to make the buying decision in the long run.
What is a camcorder/Camera?
Let’s begin with first talking about what a camcorder/camera is. A camcorder/camera is an electrical device that works on a rechargeable battery. The purpose of a camera is to record images and videos. The functionality of a camcorder is somewhat similar to a digital camera or DSLR.
However, there is a basic difference that differentiates camcorders from digital cameras. While a digital camera has inbuilt light sensitive sensors that convert light signals into electric signals to form images; the camcorders work in a different way. The camcorder converts the captured electric signals via light to videos that are automatically saved to the memory of the device. The audio is simultaneously recorded and synchronized to the recorded images.
Best Video Cameras 2020
If you are thinking to purchase in a well-equipped and functional camcorder in the recent year, your search has finally come to an end. We are about to review the best top 10 camcorders that are definitely ruling the markets this year. Read on the find out the review for the best Video Cameras and make the wisest buying decision of your life.
We have reviewed each product in detail; from the product description, highlight features to the pros and cons – we talk about them all! Hence, you will definitely find it easier to decide what product you should be investing in and which product suits your needs best!
|Cam Name||Weight||Video Resolution||Color||Best Prices|
|Canon 70D EOS|
|1.66 pounds||1080p||Black||See Price|
|DJI Osmo Pocket - Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer||4.1 ounces||4K 60p||Black||See Price|
|Canon XC15 4K UHD Professional Camcorder||3.86 pounds||4K||Black||See Price|
|Canon XF300 High|
|9 pounds||1920 x1080p||Black||See Price|
|2.5 pounds||1080/60p||Black||See Price|
|Canon XA35 |
|2.5 pounds||1920x1080p||Black||See Price|
|Canon XA30 |
|2.5 pounds||1920x1080p||Black||See Price|
|Panasonic 4K Cinema-Like Video Camera Camcorder||14.2 ounces||4K||Black||See Price|
|Sony HDR-FX1 3-|
CCD HDV Cam
|7 pounds||1440 x1080p||Black||See Price|
|Sony Shoulder |
|11 pounds||1080p_hd||Black||See Price|
1. Canon 70D EOS Digital Camera with STM lens
While we talk about such extraordinary camcorders, there is one digital camera that has managed to make way for itself in the list. The Canon 70D EOS digital camera is a worthy digital camera to invest in. The highlight of this product is not the many features that it has to offer but the amazing support that it has for an external lens and microphone.
Without attachment, you can simply use it as a digital camera but when attached with the Sony wide-angle SEL 1018 zoom lens and the Rode VideoMic VMP compact shotgun microphone; this becomes the most powerful and high-end camcorder that you can find anywhere in the markets this present year.The combination of these equipment make it best video in the world.
20.2 Megapixels CMOS ultra-light sensitivity sensors
Inbuilt cross type AF system
Dual Pixel CMOS fast focus view for images and video shots
3 inches wide touch screen front panel
Interactive LED screen with multiple thousand dots
Manual light adjustments
Rapid up to 7 FPS shooting mode
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
Canon 70D EOS Digital Camera with STM lens
- Supports attachment of lens and microphone for Camera conversion
- Light adjustments possible
- Ultra sensitivity sensors for clearer images
- Interactive LED makes it easier to use
- Not capable of focusing on multiple images well in one single go
- Overpriced for the features it offers
The Canon 70D EOS Digital Camera with STM lens is hands down one of the best cameras that you can get. It is definitely giving a tough time to all its competitor products and all credit goes to the multipurpose use of this product that makes it a very wise choice. You can shift mode from digital camera to an interactive camcorder simply by attaching a microphone and high-end lens with it as well.
The Sony wide-angle SEL 1018 zoom lens and the Rode VideoMic VMP compact shotgun microphone are very well supported to function optimally with the camera. If you are willing to pay a little extra money for a product that truly is worthy of the additional bucks; this is the one for you!
Sony Wide Angle SEL 1018 zoom lens
The amazing Sony wide-angle SEL 1018 zoom lens is definitely a great lens to pair with your camera! This lens works amazingly in combination with the Canon 70D EOS digital camera. It is also strongly recommended by the YouTuber blogger and reviewer Casey Neistat. He has also been seen using both this camera and lens in combination in many of his videos.
The first and foremost thing that is clearly notable about the lens is that it is very wide size. Hence, when you shoot with it you get a lot recorded in one shot. The lens is also very lightweight which makes it very easier to use and is super sharp as well. This makes it comparable to much more expensive lenses in the markets because it is giving a competition to all the pricey ones with its supreme functionality.
Rode VideoMic VMP compact shotgun microphone
The first reason why the Rode VideoMic VMP compact shotgun microphone is a solid recommendation camera gear is because it is able to work in a uni-direction. Hence, this means the microphone will work exactly in the direction of the lens and will block out all other voices and sounds from other directions. Hence, this microphone gets a thumb up because it is able to get as clean audio as it is possible to.
2. DJI Osmo Pocket – Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer with Integrated Camera 12 MP 1/2.3” CMOS 4K Video
DJI Osmo Pocket – Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer with Integrated Camera comes with a lightweight body and is very compact and portable in size. Hence, this makes it a wonderful product and very easy to carry it around as well. Several superlative features make this camcorder a great choice; 8 blade circular aperture for easy control and 4k output is worth mentioning. However, in addition to all this, the biggest attraction of this product is its stabilization feature. This camera has built-in 3-axis Gimbal to get smooth clear footage. It is visually very attractive with a black matte finesse body. It attracts the customers at first glance. In short, this is the best budget film camera.
Compact and portable to carry around.
Has a 12Mp camera for still photography.
Comes with an app to control remotely.
Comes with 3-axis gimbal.
4k Ultra recording output.
Records up to 60 fps.
Has a 1.5 inch LCD.
LCD for easy operation.
No products found.
DJI Osmo Pocket
- As the name suggests, it is small enough to fit in the pocket.
- Supports external memory up to 128Gb.
- 3-axis Gimbal helps to shoot perfect stabilized videos.
- Affordable price as compared to other video cameras.
- Has 4k Ultra HD output.
- Has time-lapse and slow-motion modes.
- Has an app from which you can control every feature of the camera remotely.
- connects to most of the phones very easily.
- The body of this camera is mostly plastic.
- The screen size is a bit smaller.
When was the last time you came across a product that performs well; looks great and has the most wonderful specs to offer? Be geared to have it all with the DJI Osmo Pocket 4K UHD Video Camera. This amazing camcorder promises functionality with performance and looks attractive as well. In fact, this camcorder was able to grasp our attention in the first go as soon as we set our eyes on it. Hence, this is a secure investment to make because you do not miss out on anything with this one.
Canon XC15 4K UHD Professional Camcorder comes with an ultrawide angle lens and an inbuilt optical steady shooting mode system for fixed shots. The camera provides an output of 4k and comes with integrated 3 inch LED with touch panel. The innovative two angle LED panel allows you to shoot in variety of low and high angles. You can control this camera remotely from the web as well as smart phones.
12 Megapixel 4k UHD CMOS Image Sensor
Inbuilt optical steady shot stabilization system
Balanced optical steady shooting mode for fixed shots
Full HD 4k recording camera output
Equiped with DV5 Image Processor
Manual and Auto focus controls
Supports both SD and CFast memory cards
3 inches LCD screen
ISO range 160 to 20,000
Built in LED light for support in varying light conditions
Detachable audio external support
No products found.
Canon XC15 4K UHD Professional Camcorder
- Best smooth video quality.
- Battery lasts really long.
- Auto focus with integrated lens for better quality.
- 4k ultra HD output.
- Remotely control from smartphones as well as Web browsers.
- Light weight and smaller in size.
- Built in image stabilization
- 10x Optical Zoom
- Color rendering is up to the mark.
- Support CFAST memory cards
- After zooming have to readjust the aperture.
- Internal microphone is not too good.
The most amazing thing that you can get in a camcorder is ultra-small size! Most commonly, camcorders are very large and heavy in size as mostly they are designed for professional use. However, the Canon XC15 4K UHD Professional Camcorder is a wonderful exception. This is a really petite and small sized camcorder that comes with superlative specs. The small body does not compromise on the lens and you get a wide size adjustable angle lens. This one has definitely landed in our good books this year.
4. Canon high definition XF300 professional video camera
The Canon high definition XF300 professional video camera is a high definition camera that comes with a professional design and a superlative highly functional battery. The battery comes with a compact power adapter and is rechargeable. You all get all the accessories of the camcorder along with the device.
High definition XF300 camera lens
Lens hood for added lens protection
Superlative battery pack BP-955
Compact power adapter
Additional accessories come along with camcorder
Canon XF300 Video Camera
- Superlative high functional rechargeable battery
- Wide size lens for added protection
- Professional design
- 4 inch large HD LCD
- Stereo microphone captures audio in good quality
- Obvious problems for synchronization of files
- Audio and image over-lapse for multiple files
5. Canon XA25 professional high-end best camera for video
The Canon XA25 professional high-end camcorder comes with a 20 inches wide front lens and the 8 blade circular aperture for more précised focus. The video output is 1080 megapixels; the best that you can ask for. Moreover, this camcorder supports the Slo-Mo video feature that people are currently obsessing over. The body design of this camcorder is also extremely professionals and is equipped with 2.91 HD CMOS sensors for faster action in varying lightening conditions.
Wide size 20 inches HD camcorder lens
8 blade circular aperture for smoother focus
1080 megapixels supreme video output
Professional high-end body design
Slo-Mo recording option for the camcorder
High end 2.91 HD CMOS sensor
Built in Wi-fi support for easy sharing and sync over the web
Detachable audio stand for added performance
- Newly designed Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens (35mm equivalent: 26.8mm-576mm) with 8-Blade Circular Aperture and Manual Focus Ring. 1080/60p recording in MP4 (35 Mbps) and AVCHD Progressive (28 Mbps) for high-quality capture of moving subjects; Slow- and Fast-Motion recording; plus Native 24p Recording.
- A detachable handle provides expanded audio performance and flexibility including two built-in XLR audio input terminals with phantom power and manual gain control, an infrared emitter and diffuser light, an accessory shoe (cold), an external microphone holder, and zoom control. Infrared shooting mode for extreme low-light conditions.
- New Canon 2.91 Megapixel HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor and new DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor provide high sensitivity and wide dynamic range.
- Built-in Wi-Fi technology (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz) allows you to wirelessly share WL-D89 Wireless Controller your images and video or send to a PC.
- Industry standard HD/SD--SDI output terminal for uncompressed output
Canon XA25 Video Camera
- Additional memory support
- Built-in Wi-Fi for supreme functionality
- Perfect for professional use
- High resolution 1080 megapixels output
- Complex functions make it difficult to use
The most professionally working camcorder on the markets with the widest 20 inches LCD front screen is the Canon XA25 professional high-end camcorder. Hence, if you like your things big; then this is a worthy investment to make.
6. Canon High definition XA35 best professional camera
If you are looking for a camcorder that comes with 2 x optical mega zoom and a reasonable 3.5 inches OLED screen, you should opt for the Canon High definition XA35 professional HD camera. This camcorder comes with an HD CMOS pro imaging sensor for effective low light performance. So if you are planning to invest in this product, it is definitely the perfect choice to make.
2x optical mega zoom in lens
3.5 inches OLED screen
HD CMOS pro imaging sensor for effective low light performance
Built-in Wi-Fi technology
Full manual control for easy controls
1080 high-resolution output
You know what is a great shot? That can be captured despite the lightning issues and other unsuitable conditions! If you want to pursue photography professionally and do not want ‘low light’ to be a hurdle in your way while you do so,
Canon High definition XA35 professional HD camera is the one for your folks! The settings and control for this camera are purely manual as well. This, contrary to what many would think, is actually a good thing because automated controls can actually get in the way of a great shot at times.
7. Canon high definition XA30 professional Camera
The Canon high definition XA30 professional 1080p video camera comes with a 3.5 inches wide OLED screen and a 20 X optical zoom. The built-in Wifi is also a plus point because it allows the easy sharing and transfer of images and videos without any added assistance or aid. The 1080 megapixels HD output also makes it an amazing product to opt for. The body design of the camcorder is very visually pleasing as well and the device also has inbuilt CMOS sensors that detect low light and work brilliantly in the varying light condition.
3.5 inches wide OLED screen
20 x optical zoom lens
Built-in Wi-Fi technology for easy sharing and file synchronization
Dual external card slots support
HD 1080 megapixels output
Low-light CMOS sensors
Attractive body design
- Lens Hood (with Lens Barrier) - Battery Pack BP-820 - Compact Power Adapter CA-570 - Handle Unit HDU-1 - Wireless Controller WL-D89 - High Speed HDMI Cable HTC-100/S - USB Interface Cable IFC-300PCU/S - Stereo Video Cable STV-250N - Original Box
- 3.5-inch OLED Viewscreen with 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio and EVF
- Dual SD Card Slots, Using Readily Available, Consumable Media
- Wide DR Gamma (600%)
Canon XA30 Video Camera
- Easy to use
- Internal memory of 64 GB
- Easy files sync with inbuilt Wi-Fi technology
- 3.5 inches wide angle OLED screen
- 20x optimal zoom in lens
- Heavyweight body
- Difficult to carry around
- Does not come with detachable stand support
We personally know of people who are attracted to the products they end up buying later onwards merely because of the looks of it. If you are a person who falls under this category as well, then the Canon high definition XA30 professional camcorder is the perfect choice of camera for you.
The biggest attraction for this camera is, of course, the fact that it looks great. However, in addition to very attractive looks come some amazing specs that make this camera so worthy! But a little disclaimer that we would like to give is that don’t be fooled by good looks because this is one hell of a heavy camera! It will be definitely a task to carry it around but if that does not bother you; go ahead with this one.
8. Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Video Camera Camcorder HC-WXF991K, 20X Optical Zoom, 1/2.3-Inch BSI Sensor, HDR Capture, Wi-Fi Smartphone Multi Scene Video Capture (Black)
If you are looking for a camcorder that works efficiently, then the Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Video Camera Camcorder is the choice to make. This one comes with a timed recording feature that is a modern addition to the tech camcorders. Moreover, the device perfectly records and simultaneously syncs the audio and video seamlessly. This camcorder is easy to operate and is especially very great for small parties recording to record your beautiful memories.
Has 18.91 megapixels.
zooms up to 20x.
5-axis hybrid optical image stabilization.
Simultaneous audio and video recording
4K UHD Output
Connects wirelessly with your phone.
No products found.
- Professional design camcorder body
- Portable wireless video production unit
- Has 20x amazing zoom
- 3-inch screen
- Small and compact
- Operates with one hand
- Comfortable to hold on
· Provides one hour of recording.
· A bit expensive.
We all deserve good things in life and it does seem a little unfair to not be able to enjoy the good things only because we are unable to afford them! The Panasonic HC–VX981K Professional Camcorder gets a solid recommendation from us.
Hence, you can be assured that the specs you will be getting at a price are not compromised on.
9. Sony HDR FX1 3 CCD 12 x digital high-end camcorder
Sony HDR FX1 3 CCD 12 x digital high-end camcorder is one of the fastest performing camcorders that you can find in the markets these days. This camcorder comes with a fast recording speed of 30 frames in per minute. Moreover, the Sony high-end camcorder also is popular for having one of the best outputs amongst all its competitors i.e. a high-resolution video output of 1440 x 1080 megapixels. This definitely is a great choice if you are willing to pay a little more than the standard price because this one is a tad bit overpriced.
Fast recording speed of 30 frames per minute
3.5 inches hybrid Swivel precision LCD screen
High resolution 1440 x 1080 megapixel video output
3 by 1/3 rotating attached screen
12 x optimal zoom in screen ability
Inbuilt steady shot stereo stabilizer system
High-end true color screen output
No products found.
Sony HDR FX1 3 CCD 12 x
- High-resolution output for supreme image results
- Wide size 3.5 inches hybrid LCD screen
- 12 x optimal zoom in screen
- Super-fast recording for faster results
- Camcorder does not support memory card for additional memory support
- Outer body of camcorder is not solid or reliable enough
There are people who prefer looks over functionality whilst others are only willing to pay for a well-performing camera. Sony HDR FX1 3 CCD 12 x digital high-end camcorder is the perfect choice of camcorder for people who want fast results in minimal time. This camcorder performs too amazingly and is capable of recording up to 30 frames in 1 second.
This is the fastest output you will get amongst all other camcorders in the present date and time. Sony HDR FX1 3 CCD 12 x digital high-end camcorder is the right choice to make if you want speed and fast outputs of high quality.
10. Sony Shoulder mount HXRMC2500 AVCHD 3 inches camcorder
Complete with a 3 inches portable screen and equipped with the Sony G lens technology, the Sony Shoulder mount HXRMC2500 AVCHD 3 inches camcorder is definitely a great choice for people! This camcorder comes with modest dimensions and a 12 x zoom in ability as well. The built-in 32 GB memory support is another highlight of the device. All in all, this is definitely a great product by Sony and gets a thumb up from our side.
Camcorder equipped with the Sony G lens technology
3 inches LCD screen on front of camcorder
Modest 2.9 mm to 38 mm screen dimensions
12 x zoom-in ability
Built-in 32 GB memory
Exmor CMOS light sensitivity sensors
Auto focus for varying light conditions
Battery life workable for 6 hours of continuous video recording
- Tri-band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2. 4 GHz) with the latest 802. 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 sq. Ft. )
- Mu-memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client's respective maximum speed. Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built-in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route-optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server - Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2. 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual . . WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
Sony Shoulder mount HXRMC2500
- Expandable memory
- Excellent low light results
- 12 x zoom in for clearer results
- Wide front LCD screen
- Low light 1/3 sensors fail to deliver in bright lighting conditions
- Big size makes it heavyweight and difficult to carry around
It was for the first time in all our years that we came across a camcorder that comes with a portable screen. This latest feature was enough to win us over with the Sony Shoulder mount HXRMC2500 AVCHD 3 inches camcorder.
However, one serious flaw that comes in way of this product’s performance is its inability to deliver well in excess bright lightening conditions. It is thus a good idea to first give this camcorder a test try yourself before you finally decide to invest in it.
As soon as you think of buying a camcorder, you need to get familiar with the product as well. This is an important thing to do before you set out to buy the product because this is the only way you can avoid making a wrong choice. Hence, it is better to make the right decision in the first hand then to regret it later onwards.
- Flip out LCD
Flip out LCD is one of the most traditional and oldest features of a camcorder that is also present in the most outdated camcorders. Hence, you must be fully aware of this feature of the camcorder. However, for people who have virtually no experience of using camcorders should be aware that this is one thing they need to look for in the camcorder they buy.
Without a flip out LCD it becomes very difficult to use the camcorder effectively because you have nowhere to look what you are recording. The flip out LCD gives added to support the camcorder user.
- Image Stabilizer
An image stabilizer is one such feature that only the professionals would know about. However, even if you are buying the product for personal use, it is imperative that you know of this feature so that you don’t have to deal blurred images. The only reason you get blurry images and videos is because 1) the lens fails to focus and 2) the camcorder does not have an internal image stabilizer.
This, of course, is a serious problem to deal with because without the image stabilizer, it becomes impossible to shoot videos that are not shaky or blurred at some point.
- Built-in projectors
Only the modern camcorders will have a built-in projector. If you are looking for a camcorder with a built-in projector, you should also be willing to pay a little extra price than what you would normally expect to pay. The projectors are most commonly located on the side of the flip-out screens.
- USB support
Another feature of the camcorder that you should be particularly concerned about when buying it is whether or not it comes with USB support. Most of the times, we do not look deeper into the features or characteristics and only physically examine the product. When we see a quite obvious memory slot, we end up misconceiving it to be a USB slot as well.
This is not always the case. As a result, the camcorder does support added memory but does not support USB connections. This means your camera is virtually not capable of being attached to any external device. Hence, you will find it most difficult to share and transfer files from your camcorder to the laptop or phone. This definitely is a serious drawback that needs to be avoided in the first place, prior to purchase.
- Built-in Wi-Fi support
The only case in which it is okay to go for a camcorder without the USB support is when the device comes with an inbuilt Wi-Fi support. The trend of Wi-Fi being available with camcorders is becoming more and more popular with each passing day.
Having a camcorder with a Wi-fi means you can share, sync and transfer files from your camcorder to any other device without the need of attaching a cord. This is, of course, a very helpful feature and definitely makes using the camcorder easier, smoother and time-saving as well
- Waterproof and heat-resistant body
This is one of the most advanced and latest features of camcorders in the recent days. Companies these days are designed camcorders come with an external body covering which makes the waterproof and heat resistant. This is, though, an advanced feature and is only available in limited camcorders these days;
it is definitely a feature that makes camcorders worthier and more superlative in functionality! You no longer have to worry about your camcorder heating up or damaging due to exposure to heat or water. Waterproof body and heat-resistance promise a longer life for the camcorder.
Review: Final Verdict
There are various reasons for which a person might invest in a camcorder. You might be a professional photographer and need a supreme quality camcorder to do well at work. Other people only wish to have a good quality camera cum recorder that performs well and is helpful to capture all the precious moments of life. Whatever the reason might be, the one thing guaranteed is that your investment is definitely secure.
We have reviewed the best array of camcorders that are ruling the markets currently. All these products are a superlative choice because they fulfill all the necessary conditions; looks, performance, reliability, and price. Hence, it now solely depends on individuals to choose the one that matches up best to their preferences.
Last update on 2019-08-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API